Re: [DML] Re: best battery to put in

> Anybody has a "better" suggestion for batteries for the future?

Yeah, I do! If you keep your electrical system in top condition you won't
need a top of the line expensive battery.
For my car I purchased the cheapest Wal Mart battery. It was the correct
size of course. So far the battery has performed perfectly! It's in the car
for two years and eight months now and still running strong. I have the
original Motorola alternator. If you make sure that there are no drains when
the car is off and the engine starts easily the battery will last a long
time. The worst things for the battery is discharging it (something drains
the battery overnight) and hard starting when the starter is held on for
longer than should normally be. My car starts instantly and there are no
drains - I can easily leave it sitting for three months and it will start at
the first try. I know because I tried it... when I left the US the car sat
for three months with the battery connected and then it started right up.
What did I do to the car you might ask. Well, clean the grounds, clean the
positive connections (it's not just the ground connections that corrode),
clean the alternator mount (the ground from the alt goes through its casing
and mount), rebuild the power locks controller. That's about it. My door
locks work, the clock in the center consol is connected and works, the radio
works and there are no drains.
That's it!

Tom Niemczewski
tomciodmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -> www.deloreana.com