From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Derek
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:04 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Rear Louvers hitting stainless T-Panel

I have an answer to this one just due to my dumb luck. The previous
owner had replaced the struts and in the process moved the louvers to
where they were hitting the t-panel. Now I have a nice little crease in
it :( however I had to remove the louvers when the car needed a tow, so
I wanted to replace them where they were not hitting the t-panel plus
had enough room to catch the latch. Step one is to completely loosen
the latch on the engine cover and move it as far back as you can. Then,
with the help of another person (or two, the more the better) loosen
the bolts on the clamps holding the louvers. Push the louvers as far
forward as you can, but also twist them so the forward bracket is as
high as it can be in the column, and the back is as low as it can be.
Thhis helped raise the louvers near the t-panel so that (1) they did
not hit any more and (2) when looking from the rear of the car, you
could not see the roof below the t-panel. Hope this helps.

-Derek
#10084

[moderator snip]