[DML] Fix for funky smell when running A/C?

[DML] Fix for funky smell when running A/C?

So, I just had my air conditioning charged, and had it on for the first time the other day in
probably 7 years or so, as the previous owner had it stored for some time. It worked great
without problem the first day, and the second day I drove it to work without an issue.
However, today I went to drive it and when I turned the air on I was greeted by a slightly
funky smell. Got out of work, and the drive home was an even stronger smell. Went to pick
up my friend to work on some other issues of the car, and on the way to the garage it was
overwhelming. We picked up some lysol disinfectant, and took apart the passenger hose
above the footrest. Sprayed in the front vent, side hole that was connected to the
passenger footwell hose, and in the driver side vent hole. Plugged it up and let it sit.

We then started to inspect how the system works, and from what I can tell, the air that is
circulated and sucked in from the car is in the top right of the passenger side foot well,
through the blower motor, then the air conditioning box thing (accumulator? evaporator?
not sure what this part is?) then out the vents. Went and sprayed lysol on the air intake
and the foam looked funny. Touched it and it was disintegrating right in my hand. Is lysol
on this bad? Or was this eaten up by mold? I have no idea what needs to be done to fix the
funk, but if anyone can assist, please let me know of any suggestions. After spraying and
letting it sit, the drive home it was hardly noticeable, but that could be because the car
smelled like it was fumigated with lysol (which it was, all the carpets got the treatment
also).

Did the air conditioning and blowers being on trigger something? Any way to clean this
out? I will have the center console apart in a few weeks to replace the stereo, so if anything
needs to be disassembled and cleaned, I can get to it soon. Thanks.

-Derek