Re: [DML] engine and transmission dimensions

Re: [DML] engine and transmission dimensions

Agreed! - when you are "making things fit" like this, you are dealing
in very tight tolerances - a few thousandths of an inch or less. I've
rebuilt a couple of transmissions that were installed missing the
alignment pins, and it's amazing the amount of damage a slight mis-
alignment can do. Including broken or severly worn input shafts.

Make the machine shop responsible for making the part, and then re-
measure everything yourself before you put it together because even
if they are "responsible" will they buy you another transmission if
they are wrong and you don't catch it? Ultimatly the builder
(aka "systems integrator") (you) is responsible. The only
responsiblity that they will accept would be to correct the problem
in the part they make. They are not likely to cover "consequential"
damage.

Dave Swingle