Re: [DML] Re: car pings when accelerating

Re: [DML] Re: car pings when accelerating

I'm with Dave on this. Unboosted PRV's don't detonate very often.
Exhaust leaks are very common.
We got the stuff: gaskets and hardware for a complete repair or just
half of one.
K112258-Manifold Exhaust Kit, One side $49.99
K112259 Manifold Exhaust Kit, Both sides $99.99
Warren at DMC

Dave Swingle wrote:
> Check your timing (with a timing light) to eliminate that, but my
> guess is that is not the issue. If all you did to fix the loose nut
> was to tighten or replace the nut, my bet would be that you still
> have an exhaust leak, just a smaller one. This will sound amazingly
> like pinging under acceleration.
>
> If the exhaust has been leaking at all it tends to burn away the
> gasket and burn a path into the manifold flange. You can tighten it
> all you like and it's still going to leak. The correct repair is to
> replace the gaskets AND refinish the manifold flanges.
>
> Dave Swingle

[moderator snip]