Re: [DML] Can someone explain this? (distributor positioning)

Re: [DML] Can someone explain this? (distributor positioning)

I'd say replace the CPR but I'm just kinda pondering the hesitation problem.
  I don't want to say something and be way out of left field so replace the
CPR and let us know how the engine is behaving.  Your description is pretty
accurate.  I'm sure with a little more we can figure out the problem.

Right now we could try a whole list of things but it really seems as though
it's fuel/air related.  Hmmmmm, hows the ignition system?  Anything new?
Also double check the SP Wires to make sure they're going to the correct
spot on the Distibutor Cap.  I know that sounds a bit dumb because if you
can rebuild a distributor you can certainly connect the wires properly.  I
had a different kind of car perform in a similar fashion when a few of the
wires were crossed.  Instead of firing in time a spark plug would fire on
the wrong stroke which might explain the puffs of smoke and the misfire at
high RPMS.

I know for a fact a V-6 can run somewhat decent with a "dead" cylinder and
it'll really puff along during acceleration.  If one of your cylinders isn't
firing it would account for the "misfire" and puffs especially in the high
RPM range.

Also check your appropriate relays and the resistor for the ignition system.
  Perhaps there might be a clue??  Again, this is just off the top of my
head.

Jeff in NC