[DML] Re: Use teflon thread tape on high-pressure AC hose fittings?

[DML] Re: Use teflon thread tape on high-pressure AC hose fittings?

Besides using new "O" rings (never teflon tape!) wetting the threads
and the "O" rings with some refrigerent oil is all that is required.
Be sure to thourouly clean the exterior of the fittings before taking
them apart. Cleanliness is very important and you do not want to get
any dirt into the system when you open it up. Place plastic caps on
the system once you open it to keep the air and dirt out till you
install the new hose. Hold back when taking these fitting apart or
tightening. The one on the condensor is aluminum and will break off
easily if not securely held back. Make sure the new A/C hose is
securely attached along it's length and routed away from sharp edges,
steering linkage, etc. Make sure the hose does not put undue stress on
the condensor coil. The replacements are a little longer to reduce
this stress but you do not want it to be pulling on the soft core. If
the insides of the system look nice and clean you can get by without
replacing the oil in the compressor but it should at least be checked
for amount. Replace the service valve cores. After replacing the hose
sweep charge and test for leaks and then evacuate for at least 1 hour
before filling with refrigerent.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757