Re: [DML] Door Lights

Are the three lights on the same side?  If so check the door switch for operation (even if it IS plugged in).  I have my switches hooked up now after doing the LED conversion.  I have noticed sometimes the LED won't come on or are weak.  This I believe is due to the contacts in the switch no meeting well enough.  I plan on visiting this soon.  Toying with the door switch usually gets the contacts lined up for now.

Regarding the pictures of no lights showing... I think many people just disconnect the door switch  to head off any issues of the lights staying on even with the door shut (battery drain issue).  I believe the little rubber pieces on the door switch are supposed to help make sure the switch is open when the door is closed.

Overall, I'm really happy with the LED conversion for the door.  I also got the LED for the festoon bulb based on the info in the tech section of DML, but the bulb does not fit... it is too long... will revisit this later.

Regards,
Wayne / VIN#2447
www.AA9DY.com

dmcjosh85 <dmcjosh85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I was examing earlier today as to why the 3 door lights on my DMC
dont turn on when I open the door thinking that it was just a simple
matter that they after all were the 25 year old original bulbs and
all 6 of them between the 2 doors simply burnt out. removing the
colored bracket and than pulling out the bulb I was not quite
stumped. the bulbs looked brand new and definitly didnt have the
look of a burnt out bulb. So as you can see im a little stumped.

Ive noticed quite a few DeLoreans dont have working door lights in
photos of where the doors are up which leads me to believe that
perhaps this is a common problem, and maybe there is a common fix or
way to explain this. or maybe a fuse isnt in the right place.