RE: [DML] Fuel filter/line questions

Personally I think the rubber line and clip to hold the line to the metal
hose in the boot is done for convenience of removing the assembly as a whole
by unhooking the rubber lines.  I would recommend upgrading the metal line
going into the boot with a SS version the vendors sell.  I removed one from
a car that was all rust along with the rest of the metal in the tank.

As far as melting the inside of the filter...check the line to the Fuel
DIstributor.  I had a car that had this line sitting on the exhaust
manifold.  I was surprised it was not melted through.  But this could cause
heating of the filter through transfer as well.  I'm pretty sure that heat
from the cooling fans can heat the gas tank a bit and thusly the fuel in the
lines not to mention that heat is deflected in the compartment by the metal
shields attached to the pontoon.  I'd just replace the filter and make sure
you have a good one to replace it with.  Could afterall just be a defective
filter.  I've never seen this problem but just throwing out some possible
causes off the top of my head.

Jeff in NC