[DML] Help w/horn - wiring inside steering column?

[DML] Help w/horn - wiring inside steering column?

So after fixing a bunch of electrical issues with the car, I am one step away from passing
inspection. My horn does not work, and I have tested both horns for power through the wire
when the button is pressed, and had no luck. So, after taking a tip from a fellow owner to
check out the wiring in my wheel to fix the broken horn, I traced the horn wires through the
car. The purple/black wire leaves the steering column, goes through the firewall, hits the first
horn on the drivers side, and proceeds to the passenger side horn where it terminates. This
wire is (-). I disassembled the horn button and found the two prongs. I tested both, and
neither had power. I jumped a constant power wire onto the top of the prongs to find that it
is what connects to the purple/black wire, and makes the horn go 'beep'. So, the horns work,
but for some reason I have no power to the lower of the two prongs of the horn button,
which would be needed to create the circuit under normal operation. Does anyone have any
idea what color wire leads into the steering column or connects to this button? The link to the
pic below is the disassembled steering column and I jumped the top prong of the horn
button to the purple wire on the top of the bracket, closest to the camera. If anyone could
help me diagnose this, please let me know, as this is the one last thing I need to pass
inspection. Thanks.

http://www.grozio.com/dpics/Picture002.jpg
http://www.grozio.com/dpics/Picture003.jpg