Re: [DML] Re: Question and strange car show behavior

Re: [DML] Re: Question and strange car show behavior

[MODERATOR NOTE: EVEN IF THIS IS DELOREAN RELATED, I WILL NOT ALLOW A LENGTHY DISCUSSION COMPARING THE DELOREAN TO EVERY CAR EVER BUILT.  EVERYONE LOVES TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINION, BUT NOT EVERYONE WANT TO READ IT. THIS THREAD WILL BE CUT OFF SOON.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

What "Ford" are you referring to?
I have owned 4 Taurus's over the years, a 87, 92, 94 & 98 and never has a
single problem
from any of them, and replaced them at about 125K-185K, and simply for the
reason
that I wanted a new car. There was almost no wear on the car at all.
...although my Mom had a '85 F150 and it was a real crapper.
Now many people will say, "hey, you can't compare a newer modern car with
the
DeLorean, there is different technology" - EXACTLY.
Why not bring the car into this millinium?
By replaceing the engine, transmission and electrical system you would have
car that would keep up with today's cars.
It would be fast and powerfull, much more so than the PRV.
I am not suggesting that everyone do this....it's just an idea.

I don't mind a thoughtful rebuttal, every car will have mechanical problems.
The problems I mentioned are relevant on most every DMC out there.
If these problems haven't presented themselves yet,they will.
The only way to have a reliable daily driver (in my opinion) is to replace
all
of the troubled items on the car - we all know what they are.

I admit, the source of most of these problems is letting the car sit and
rot.
Why would that happen?
...usually the car get's parked due to some quirky problem that never get's
fixed
and it sits there until it's ruined and more stuff needs replacing.

To get more to the point, the real point of my comments were not so much
about
reliability, but about lack of horse power.
Would you like to compare various vehicles with more or less horse power?
Exactly what will that prove and how will it make my car go faster?

There is a big difference between bashing the car and talking about
improvements
and known issues. Being argumentitive and defensive about the car isn't
going to solve anything.

- VB