Re: [DML] New D Owner - more repair questions

Re: [DML] New D Owner - more repair questions

This actually sounds quite similar to the D I bought  and went and
picked up on the 16th. (My 15 years of wanting one finally over) When I
got the car, fuse #8 was melted in the fuse block and had been bypassed
and replaced with an inline fuse and #12 was blown. I replaced #12 with
a good fuse, but so far, I haven't had any luck making the dome light,
trunk light, or engine compartment light work. The switches for the
trunk and engine light test good as do the bulbs for them all. After
cleaning contacts and soldering the taillight board, I have all the
external lights working again, as well as all the dash/console lights.
My horn works on ocassion.. so I don't know whats it with it. I'm still
waiting on the relay kit and replacement fuse block I ordered from
specialTauto at the beginning of last week (among other things. I'm
starting to get a wee bit impatient with waiting and not having my calls
returned...)  before I start doing much in the way of troubleshooting
electrical problems as I want to make sure that melted fuse block and
old relays aren't part of my problems.