[DML] Re: Flushing Fuel lines

I think what you did was fine - I do essentially the same process.

A handy way to close the loop for flushing the lines is to use the
old fuel pump along with that double banjo screw from the frequency
valve connection. Put it thru the feed and return connectors with the
right washers, thread it into the old pump, and voila - you have
closed the loop so that you can recycle the cleaning fluid/fuel
around the fuel injection system. Fuel cannot to backwards thru the
pump so it won't leak. It looks a bit strange since the pump just
lays on top of the fuel distributor.

Also - Acetone is the perfect solvent for cleaning out the tank.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Tait" <TTait@xxxx> wrote:
> Charles:
>
> Those with more experience may tell you what I did was unwise, but
I had

--------

> At the fuel distributor I took the feed line and the return line
loose
> and tied them together with a brass bolt and proper washers -
> eliminating the fuel dist. and injection system from the rest of the
> fuel system.
>
> I then poured about a gallon of B12 into the Rubbermaid tub and
used the
> cheap fuel pump to flush the system, a cheapo fuel filter was
installed
> on the return.  I let this run for about an hour - periodically
changing
> the filters.  Then I replaced the B12 and ran it some more.  An hour
> later I replaced the Delorean fuel filter, the B12 and ran it one
more
> time - this time there was only minor discoloration in the return
fluid.