From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of doctorDHD@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 3:33 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Idle Speed Motor / Cooling

I've heard this before, that the engine should die if you unplug the idle
speed motor connector but I still don't understand why.  (Mine doesn't
die.)

As far as I knew the idle speed motor will stay in what ever position it
was
when it is unplugged.  Is this not the case?

If I unplug mine when the engine is idling slow it stays slow.  If I  unplug
it when the engine is idling fast, it stays fast.

I am not aware of any mechanism within the idle speed motor that closes  off
its passage way when power is removed.

Who else can shed more light on this?

D² & 6530
Dave Delman