[DML] Re: Vacuum hose to AC Switch

In the engine compartment, it starts at the vacuum reservoir bottle
hidden inside the left pontoon just forward of the emission cannister.
You'll also see a small balck hard plastic line that goes from the left
pontoon to the heater valve - that's not it.

Inside the car, you'll fine a hard black plastic line about 1/4"
diameter, you can see it if you lift up the wooden deck on the driver
side. It goes thru the console and then converts to a soft rubber line
inside the console about where your right knee hits the console. You
can also see it inside the console if you open up the plate the covers
the shifter. That soft line goes to the mode switch.

You'll see the 1/8" line snaking thru there too.

If that 1/4" main line is broken or disconnected, none of the heat or
AC functions will work other than the fan, i.e. the fan will make lots
of noise but nothing will come out no matter where you set the mode
switch. It's also a pretty significant vacuum leak.

There's a great diagram of this in the technical manual (the smaller
manual, NOT the thick service manual). It shows all the vacuum
connections and how they connect to the mode switch.

Dave Swingle (spent lots of time in the past two days working on the AC
system)