RE: [DML] New delorean owner - some questions on repairs

RE: [DML] New delorean owner - some questions on repairs

Derek, Congratulations on the purchase.
The mode switch has 2 parts to it. One is the seal which as you know if it
leaks will have an effect on how the car runs due to leaky vacuum and the
doors in the evaporator box not opening properly.
2nd is the contacts that route the power/voltage to the compressor and the
blower motor fan speed switch. The seal goes out quite often but normally
the switch part id ok. Be sure the power going into the mode switch on #10
fuse is ok and if it is you can check the switch to see if it transfers it
as you turn it with a DMM. If that part is working then you need to check
the freon level or the or the compressor won't turn on. You may have to jump
the cycling switch on the side of the ac accumulator to test and get it
started.
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/AC-accumulator-connections
.jpg

Your on the right track for the lights buy also checking the bulbs,fuses and
connections. A battery cut off switch would be in order for shows when you
won't to leave the doors open and also security when your not in the car.
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/electrical-2.html

Tail light boards is common for the connections to loosen over time. You can
buy new ones or I can normally recondition the boards buy soldering the
connections and sealing the boards with weather proof seal for a permanent
connections.
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/electrical.html

Reverse light is normally a switch or the connection on the side of the
transmission.

The volt meter on the dash could be from several things so you may want to
call or do some voltage checks in the relay box on #5 fuse. Grounds are also
a big part of the trouble.
our new toll free number is 1-888-278-1629.
John Hervey