[DML] Re: Cobra Conversion?

Hey Brandon...

Thanks for the comments.

It looks like the pressure is on me now to get this car finished.  I
suppose that's good motivation.

I have mounted the engine, but it has been removed to get a cam
upgrade, and performance work done on the heads.

The air intake is something I haven't tackled yet.  I have several
ideas that will require a lot of custom parts to be made.  But I don't
plan to really look into that until I drop the body onto the new
frame.  That way I can take measurements and design an intake.  My
only concern right now is finding space for the intercoolers and piping.

As for the transmission, I am going to work with Toby on upgrading the
DeLorean UN1 transmission to handle the massive horsepower and torque.
 Something similar to the Derek Bell setup.  (Uh oh Toby!  Pressure is
on!)  I was going to go the G50 Porsche route, but I was talked out of
it by some of the Porsche guys.  The G50 will need major beefing up,
and will costs gobs of money.  Think I will take my chances with the
UN1.  Toby and Derek have inspired me.

I am keeping a journal on the build up...I am going to be writing some
articles on not only what I am doing, but how I am doing it.  I don't
know if you are familiar with my work in Gullwing Magazine or not, but
my write up will be in my usual format, but hopefully less boring than
my previous works.  =)

BTW...the donor car is practically a new car with only 16k miles on
it.  It was a local club members car, so I know the mileage to be
true.  Anyway, I won't need the engine anymore, so if someone is
looking for a pristine engine, give me a shout.  I will give the
engine a run over to make sure its in good condition.  I will also
have a perfect DeLorean frame I will need to get rid of.  As time
permits, I will list my extra parts with pictures on my website,
http://www.DeLoreanPerformance.com

If anyone is wondering, yes I it's sad that I have to take apart a
perfectly good example of a DeLorean to build the DeLorean I want.  I
tried for over a year to find a parts car that I could restore...but
everyone kept parting them out!  So please forgive my sacrilege.

Thanks!
Dave Jacobs