Re: [DML] Re: Steering Column Rattle

Thank you Brandon for your heads up.  In terms of the
tie rods and the boots, I just replaced the entire
rack and pinion under a year ago, so I should be
covered there.  In terms of the U-joint and upper
shaft = pray =P.  In all seriousness though, I did
"flip" myself in the seat with my head near the pedals
to get an idea of what was going on.  I found the
"black doughnut" aka the steering column bushing.  It
is literally popped out of the fiberglass body in its
24 year old, twisted and shredded glory.  There is
nothing in the fiberglass body now but the column.
Hopefully a new bushing will be the end of it.  If not
though, at least I'll have a good idea where to start
next ;).

I want to take a quick moment to thank everyone for
their quick responses to this.  I think I got 5 or
more answers in under 12 hours to this problem, and
that is just awesome.  Thank you everyone for your
quick responses; I greatly appreciate it!  To give
everyone a glimpse into the future, I'll be doing this
bushing job, installing a new temperature gauge (to
help solve a recent post of mine), and installing LEDs
in the binnacle cluster (minus the battery light) all
that day, so this was kind of a blessing in disguise.
Wish me look everyone ;).

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com