Re: [DML] engine swap?

Marc,

Originally, in the beginning of this project, I decided that I wanted
to have the engine retain it's "factory" air cleaner style, even though
I knew that the air cleaner is fairly restrictive. To keep the air
cleaner mounting the same, yes, I decided to use the fuel meter
housing, but completely gut it. I  removed the air flow sensor plate
with counter balance mechanism, the fuel distributor, the anti-backfire
block and everything else that didn't belong. After I cleaned it up,
resealed the two halves, and fabricated a block-off plate where the
fuel distributor was, it seems to have better flow!

Recently, I have discovered that even though the passenger side
fuel rail clears the bottom of the air cleaner, which I checked for
early on in the project, the injector connectors and wiring actually
might be in the way! Now I am thinking about using a Volvo cold
air intake like I have seen on some cars (like Danny's time machine
in Garden Grove), but of course still with the gutted fuel meter
housing.

I did think about custom intake alternatives, but decided at the
moment to try the stock unit. However, this EFI conversion
keeps evolving, so we will see what happens!  :-)

Daniel
VIN 10920