RE: [DML] Mysterious Delorean Deal

I just want to say something here...
Because of jerks like the guy in this auction trying to scam people it is
giving
eBay and online sales a bad name.
I just want to say that you should not let a few bad apples ruin everything.

EBay is a great way to buy and sell and I bought my own car from eBay.
I also bought and sold my Knight Rider car on eBay, as well as several
other vehicle and all to happy folks.
The main thing here is to deal with someone who either has great feedback
and reputation but most importantly to see the car with your own eyes.
If you can not arrange to see the car in person you can use the resources
of this list to have someone else go look at it, or to insist on some close
up
pictures or even a video.
I have had the seller pop a tape in their camcorder and do a nice walk
around
and get lots of detailed video of the whole thing and mail it to me.
I offer to pay for the tape and shipping.
As a seller, they want to sell the car and if they are not willing to work
with you then you need to just avoid them.

I have seen cars in pictures that look great and then when you go to look at
the
car you see a whole other side of problems.
Sometimes people will use pictures of the car from the past, or pictures of
some other car, or a stock shot.
I avoid those.
When I sell a car, I take tons of close up photos and videos and I try to
show
every little nic and scratch because I feel that the honest disclosure eases
the buyer and gains trust.

The important thing is not to let your exitement lead your decision
and make you jump in too quickly.
A good rule of thumb when it comes to these cars is to have an extra
$5000 in reserve to "restore" the car to get it perfect.
Unless it is a total shitbox, you can usually make the car nice with a good
$5K
be replacing the seat covers, recovered dash, binnacle, carpets, floormats,
headliner,
replacing the fuel and brake system and a good radio.
That's usually all you need to do on these to get them where you want them.
Between DMCH and the vendors this is easy to do.

Just my 2 cents.
- Videobob
VIN#5278