[DML] Re: Electrical door lock fix + alarm? Suggestions?

[DML] Re: Electrical door lock fix + alarm? Suggestions?

Derek - The various Wings-A-Loft units work fine with LockZilla.
The LockZilla mimics the function of the DeLorean door lock module,
but uses heavier-duty components.  You can actually rework your
existing lock module to incorporate heavier-duty 40 amp relays
yourself (which gets you most of the way there), or replace the
entire unit with LockZilla.  We have the parts you would need for
that.  Send me a message off-list and I would be happy to give you a
complete rundown of all of the options that are available in the
Wings-A-Loft line, and advise you on what you should get based on
what you want as a final result.  In regards to your last question,
you will never find an alarm system with any capabilities that is
truly "plug and play".  You will find our instructions to be very
complete and easy to follow in order to integrate our systems into
the DeLorean electrical system.

As an aside to this, perhaps some of the more experienced electrical
wizards on this List would like to share their thoughts regarding
the massive voltage and in-rush current spikes that are created by
the door lock solenoids, and their possible effects on other parts
of the electrical system?

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Derek" <derek.grozio@xxxx> wrote:
> I am looking to add an alarm to my car as well as fix the door
lock problem. The car has the original solenoids and they work
great, so I would prefer not to replace them. I was looking
> at getting the lockzilla to prevent them from burning out, but
would also like to get an alarm and remote door unlock unit. Does
anybody have such a setup and could you explain how I was figuring a
lockzilla plus the wings-a-loft remote unlock+alarm unit. Do
> these two units work together without any problems, or does
installing the lockzilla reroute some wires that the alarm system
needs to splice into? I am assuming the wings-a-loft unit