[DML] DCS Chicago (Update this is cool)

Well, Dave and Julee Swingle and my wife Chris and I all attended the Corvette show this weekend in Chicago.

As you all know there has been some concerns voiced as to how this was all
going to work out being the same time as our show next year and I think
everyone  has been quite apprehensive.

Well to get right to the point we were all highly impressed with this
weekend.
The Corvette show was fantastic.  Thank you Ed (Bloomington Gold  chairman)
for having us attend.

I will get back to that later

We did the driving tour and it is going to be the best we have done from an
entertainment/educational/fun trip point of view. Its only 32 miles but it
took  us almost 5 hours to do and we could have taken longer if we did not have a
 meeting back at Pheasant Run.

On the tour we visited Firmi Lab (probably spelled that wrong) and this  will
be a stop that you will remember.  Dave has more info on it so I will  let
him tell you more about the specifics since he arranged it.  (this is a  don't
miss stop)

We visited Cantigny center as well.  We spent two hours here and  should have
spent three.
The gardens are excellent, the War museum is the best I have seen and was
extremely interesting, along with the mansion and grave site of McCormick.
Again Dave will fill in the details.  This was as I mentioned earlier a
photographers paradise.

There are other stops along the way that we just had a hard time  leaving.

We also had lunch in St Charles and the city has plans for our group and
again I will let Dave give you the details since he is the organizer of this
event.

BACK TO PHEASANT RUN

IT was real strange when we pulled in.
We expected corvettes everywhere but we actually did not see one until we
left for the driving tour about 9:30 am. and were on the road for about 5
minutes.

The predicted nightmare of traffic jams just was not there.  The St  Charles
Police and Corvette group handled this years traffic flawlessly.   The cars
went right to the golf course from the side streets and were  amazing.  If you
did not go on the golf course or Convention center area  you would not have
known it was there and certainly not the spectacular size  that it was.

People envisioned traffic like Pigeon Forge
It just did not happen we pulled right in and had plenty of parking.
This is a very easy to navigate trip.

They also had another group using the facility (DePage Expo Center) that we
will use next year and it went on without a hitch.

I am impressed at how well it went.

The inside of the resort was empty for the most part during the day and  food
was no problem either at the Vette show or the Resort plus there are places
within a short walk if you want,

I'll post more later but this is a big WHEW in that the uncertainty of if
there was a problem is answered.

The traffic was no different than on any other day there.  Plenty of
parking, plenty of food, plenty of things to do car related and not.

I am sure Dave will chime in on this one

We now can move on and we anticipate the largest and best show ever.

The Corvette show was really an experience.  There were thousands of  them on
the golf course and it was amazing how smooth the event  went. Walking the
rows of cars was awesome to say the least and the  showcase cars will excite
event the non car enthusiasts.

The two shows together will be awesome and we told most of the Vette owners
who we were and they welcomed us and took time time to make sure we were taken
 care of.  They were amazing and to them I say thanks.

Many of them had heard of what had happened and were grateful that we
allowed them to share with us that date.  We talked to one guy that  couldn't wait.
He said he loved vettes and the Vette show but having  something else there
would be cool and a Delorean was supercool.

If you miss Pheasant Run you are missing the largest show ever.

And this is only the beginning.

I will be updating the web page sometime early in July.

The DeLorean Car Show is here for you.

As you can tell this show has gone from aprehensive to now I am  really
excited about it and have no doubt it will be the biggest and best  ever.

Ken