[DML] Re: How to know when a frame needs replaced

[DML] Re: How to know when a frame needs replaced

I had the same problems with rust on my frame for years. I found
someone who was selling the front 1/3 of a frame, so I cut 1/3 of my
frame and welded the good frame on. Grafting is a great choice if you
cannot afford a new/used frame and shipping, etc. BUT it takes a lot
of skill to weld and reinforce, since my frame pieces connected in
the 'Y' section of the fuel tank I needed some steel plates and bolts
to keep it from splitting-still holds great to this day. If you're not
up for this task, then its probably a better idea to just buy the
whole frame used/new...Plus it's kinda tough to find someone who has
1/3 of a frame just sitting in their garage lol. But if anyone is
going to do this, I can offer my methods of reinforcement etc. -----
Dani B. #5003