[DML] Re: Oops!!!!

What you may choose to do will depend on a lot of things. How
comfortable you are going deeply into the engine, how much time you
have, how much money, and if you have the tools and a place to work.
Probably the approach that makes the most sense would be to get a
known good motor cheap and just swap engines. I suggest you try to
find a Delorean PRV. Any other will require swapping a lot of parts,
some of which may be of questionable nature after your melt-down.
Don't forget, you will STILL have to find and correct the source of
the overheat or you will melt the next engine. The last resort would
be to repair your motor. Unless you can know EXACTY what is bad it
could cost a lot more to repair than replace. Especially if you
managed to crack the block. You could have damaged bearings, scored
pistons, etc. Pull the dipstick. If the oil is like mud forget the
engine, stick a fork in it, it's done! Watch E-bay. from time to time
engines do show up there.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757