[DML] Oops!!!!

Well, I've gone and screwed up my engine on a test-run tonight.  I had just replaced the radiator and hoses and a ton of other things and took her out on the open road.  She overheated in under 5 minutes at highway speed.  I thought I could make it to a gas station before anything serious happened to the engine.  She steadily lost power as I approached an exit and the engine died shortly after a 'steaming teapot' sound came from the engine compartment.  I let it cool for 30 minutes and proceeded to 'slowly' put water in the water tank.  It was then that I noticed water pouring from the left side of the engine (couldn't see exactly where).  Two hours later she cranked up and was blowing water out of both exhaust pipes.  Not good at all.  Guess I blew a 'head gasket'.
So......  Should this shade tree mechanic pull the engine and replace all gaskets?  Should I take it in to a shop, (to much cost for labor) and have them do it?...  Should I purchase a rebuilt engine from DMC in Houston?  Is there another 'crate' engine that would fit the D's engine compartment and transmission (something with more gusto than the D's stock engine)?

Thanks yall.
Lingo #02034