Re: [DML] Door Lock Removal

Todd,

Don't bother removing all the electrical stuff just to get your locks to stop working.  All you have to do is unplug the power to the door lock module and you will accomplish exactly what you suggest.  If you're going to take the time to remove all the stuff, spend 100 bucks and buy Toby's actuator system.  You can still use the factory lock module (if it hasn't been destroyed yet) and you take away that heavy solenoid.  I've been using them on 1063 with the factory module for about 25,000 miles of frequent daily use, so they come highly recommended.  I think the thing only took me an hour or so to install.

There are several reasons people don't remove the locking system:
- excess wear on both key locks (which are VERY difficult to obtain)
- the electrical power loss shouldn't be an issue if you get your car out more than twice a year...
- they work great for keyless entry
- when you open the door for your female passenger, your door is waiting unlocked for you
- and I just like having power locks

Just buy Toby's kit or a Lockzilla.  Fixed once, and they'll never give you another thought.

Jake Kamphoefner
1063

Todd Nelson <tan5732@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I did look this up in the archives and found some results, however I still seem to be having some issues removing the early style door lock from the door.