[DML] Houston

I have just returned from the Houston event, and am glad I went.
It was nice to see so many new faces that have not been at previous events.
The special guest speakers were fascinating, and their insight into the early
development of the car was great. It's interesting to hear some of the rumors
about the car finally get laid to rest by those who were directly involved.
The photos and films were especially cool.

Even though I was not competing in the Concours this year, I was impressed
with the cars that did. Knut and his judging staff did a great job of organizing
and presenting the Concours. For those of you who have not competed in the
Concours in the past, I highly recommend trying it in Chicago next year.

Many thanks to Stephen, James and the staff in Houston for all of the behind
the scenes efforts.

Last but not least, thanks to Tony for sharing his Prototype car with us.
It's nice to see that it will be in good hands for historical preservation. Tony
has a VERY understanding wife, allowing him to buy it.

I'll see you all in Belfast and Chicago next year!

Daniel Deutsch (Orlando)
3356 & 15779