AW: [DML] Extended convex mirrors

Hey Guys,

I installed the new mirrors today and I am very pleased with the result.
It took me about 2 hours including searching for the correct tools.

Tom - great job !

But I made it a bit differently than you. I took the complete mirror
off of the car before messing with the glass or scratching the SS.
Before pulling out the wires I attached another wire to it so I didn't
have to use the stiff wire. I pulled the wires in and out very easily and
fast.

I am not sure if it makes any sense to attach the heating pads at all,
but I installed the wires - just in case... (maybe somebody makes a little
module to activate the heating 30 seconds after starting the car and turn it
off
after 2-3 minutes...?!?)
Without the heating stuff the whole job can be done in about an hour - with
experience even faster.

A heat gun is a bit too hot for my taste, a regular hairdryer works, too.
And it won't melt the plastic.

Before putting the door trims back on make sure, that the mirror-motors
work.
Those connectors are prone to do their jobs sometimes...or not...

As a positive side effect my passenger mirror doesn't vibrate anymore since
reinstalled the plastic guides correctly.

To get the the plastic cover off I pushed it out from the side where the
harness
exits the housing. Much better as the plastic won't be scratched.

I would say this was a fast and easy job, maybe also one of the best
investment
for my car, too.
I still have to test them in real traffic and on the Autobahn, but so far -
great !

Elvis & 6548...no more elephants hidden in the blind spots !