[DML] Re: Upper door seals

Just a note on the rivets - make sure you use stainless steel rivets
as aluminum ones *can* corrode.

Also, you are supposed to take the T-panel off in order to get the
seals out + mounting bracket. It's much more easier to get everything
back in too.

I hope you removed or at least covered your torsion bars so your
drill didn't scratch them.

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, stefan diklich <stefandmc@xxxx> wrote:
> WOW this was a hard piece to take off, let alone drill the rivits.
I did it and managed to take the rivit heads off, then to take the
seal out, i had to bend and twist it out. How am i suspposed to put a
new one on with the door on. THe old piece looks like a "Z" once it
came off. I still have to take the rest of the rivits out too.

> David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:They are not special
Delorean rivets. Any rivet of the correct size
> and length will do. Just be careful drilling out the old ones. You
can
> cut a piece of tubing to slip over the drill so when you do drill
> through the rivet you do not go in too far and damage the S/S skin.
> would also cover the torsion bar so you don't accidently scratch it.
> Another way is to use a small chisel and cut the head off the rivet.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
[moderator snip]