Re: [DML] Re: hot outside, no start discussion

Re: [DML] Re: hot outside, no start discussion

I sure haven't done much on this problem lately...
However, I did have something sinister and possibly related crop up
that I had to take care of.
Apparently, when I did a little (uh, big?) bump off a curb/driveway I
knocked the inertia switch out for good. Strange, as they apparently
don't have a high failure rate. It looks ok, but jumping it got the
car to fire up.
The RPM relay also has a resistor on board that looks suspect (it's
bubbled out).
I'm going to replace the inertia switch and drive it for a while to
see if that has been the problem, and if I still have the heat-soak
problem then I will drop in the new RPM relay and go from there.
Anyone have any info to provide to this and the previous suggestions?
I also took the opportunity to clean all the fuses with an emery
cloth. I hadn't done that in a couple of years. Dirty suckers.

Thanks to all and thanks to Warren who talked to me on the phone this
week and during the OH today when I finally had a chance to work it.

-Kevin