Re: [DML] Water Pump

Are the OE and aftermarket pumps not the same? The only difference I
could think of is impellor. I have one of John's pumps, and have no
problems. Side note: Seems vendors AND owners alike are having much
trouble removing the pulley. Sometime in it's life-the old pulley was
ground down a little inside so it would fit on the shaft easier-and
removal was a breeze. When I put it on the new pump I did have to do a
bit of hammering to get it on (I'd imagine the new pulleys have to be
pressed with lots of force-much more then I needed to put mine on) all
I did was drill a hole clean through the pulley and shaft, and drove a
pin through it. NOW, I can still reuse the pulley no matter how many
times I need to take it off (without damage), removal and installation
will be much easier (no presses needed nor do I need to destroy the
pump getting the pulley off) should I ever need to replace the pump
again. Perhaps John or another vendor can use this technique? FYI,
when I removed my pulley, all I did was dangled the pump in a vice so
that the pulley was on the top of the teeth, the shaft vertical.
Heated the pulley so it was HOTT, and started hammering away (put
something in the shaft hole of course), pulled right off. Pump
removal/installation took me only 2.5 hours. -----Dani B. #5003