[DML] Re: Insurance mis-statement?

Hagerty is pretty flexible in enforcing the terms of their policy.
Although they do limit the mileage to 2,500 miles per year if you do
4,000 in one year, and 500 the next, as long as you average out and it
doesn't appear that you are using it more than 2,500 per year in the
year you might have to make a claim you will be OK. They also don't
require you to stand by the car during a car show and it is alright to
park it outside on occasion, like when attending club events overnight
at a hotel. If you do rent it out for commercial work they can sell
you a one time endorsment for it too like a photo shoot. They have
raised the amount they will insure it for "Agreed Value" without an
appraisel to $25,000. Previously it was $20,000. Some insurance
companies have stricter rules, you have to shop around. For instance
Hagerty insists that to drive the car you have to be at least 26 years
old. Not a problem for me, in fact it keeps my kids from driving it!
Hagerty seems to be customer oriented and has a good customer service
dept. I have no experience with their claims dept yet! They do not ask
the mileage every year.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757