Re: [DML] Insurance?

So then, for those of us who drive our DeLoreans daily, where do you
go for insurance?

I have full coverage through State Farm. The prices are OK, but I've
been thinking of leaving them due to their claims people - they fight
claims tooth and nail. I just want a fair deal, you know? And I could
see them coming back with, "well, we found some DeLoreans for $8k, so
that's all we're giving you for your car."

When my Fiero was wrecked (fresh 3.1l engine upgrade; pristine car car
valued at $3,000 - $4,000) they pulled ads for some beat up 4 bangers
and offered me $1000. "That's all your car is worth." I in turn pulled
ads for similar custom, pristine Fieros, showed them dozens and dozens
of asking prices from $4,000 - $8,000, and was shot right down: "Those
don't count. What the car actually sells for is all that counts." And
conveniently that information is completely unavailable since most
nice Fieros move through private parties. Now, I pressured them and
ended up getting more than their initial offer, but I still got
screwed, and I know they'd play the same game if something ever
happened to my DeLorean.

What I'd really like is a nice agreed value policy... but all of those
seem to have restrictions against daily drivers.

-Ryan