[DML] Re: ebay delorean

I can't say that all the updates were done, but everything was in
good shape when it left here. There was a list several pages long of
replaced parts. The seller has it and all the receipts, but somehow I
lost my copy of the list. I know I put a new clutch, hydraulics, and
a used stainless clutch line on it, as well as a couple of wheel
bearings. I has the 3-wire fan fail, a factory door lock module, I
believe it still had the original relays, etc. Honestly I can't
recall if put Toby TABs or regular ones in it - maybe photographic-
memory Rich will recall that one. I used the hoses off the "donor"
car which, while not new, are not the original 24-year-old ones
either. It has a stainless header bottle off the donor as well. The
suspension is original. The stainless is flawless, the interior is
very close to flawless. The only "common-failure" part that was not
replaced was the water pump.

The only thing that left here not working was the Air Conditioner. I
have no way to recharge it, and the owner did as part of his
business. My assumption is that he took care of that, but I'd ask if
it's been converted to R134 or is still running R12.

On a 25-year old car I can't see any disadvantage to a Salvage title.
At this age condition is the most important factor, much more than
mileage or title status, especially on a "driver" car.

The ad is listed on www.dmcnews.com, (Duane Poell) I think that price
is very fair.

If I were a buyer I'd probably upgrade the suspension and just drive
it.

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "alex morgan" <mauibarber@xxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I knew you had posted in the past but I didnt
know you
> were a moderator. (sorry).  I just had a couple more questions for
you about
> this delorean.  To your knowledge have all the updates been done to
the car
> (t.a.b. new hoses, updated fanfail etc.)  Also, Im not looking for
a museum
> piece but a solid daily driver.  This car sounds like that.  Could
you tell
> me what you think the car is worth if it is exactly as you left
it?  Is
> there any drawbacks to buying a salvage vehicle like this. (i.e.
resale,