[DML] Re: New here (Cold Start Valve)

The classic "Hot Start" problem is not from leaving the car in the hot
sun. The symptoms are that that when trying to restart a Delorean
right after shutting it down or within around an hour once it is
warmed up(depending on the temperature) it does not start easily or
you have to do the plug swap thing. Normally this is very irittaing
like when you run to the dougnut shop (or gas station), shut the car
off, and then get back in the car within say 5-10 min and it just
cranks and won't start. It may eventually catch before killing the
battery but more often then not the battery dies before you can get it
started unless you swap the plug from the CPR onto the cold start
valve just long enough to get the motor started. This can also be
caused by a bad check valve on the fuel pump or a leaky primary
pressure regulator but is most often due to the accumulator. On some
cars to avoid having to get the cover open and switch the plugs a P.O.
wires a switch into the cold start valve so he can do it from the
driver's seat. Basically all that needs to be done is to bypass the
thermo time switch which shuts the cold start valve down when it gets
hot. Doing it this way you can't overdo it, it will only function
during cranking (hot OR cold).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757