Re: [DML] Re: New here (Cold Start Valve)

On 5/23/05, content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually the cold start valve is triggered by a wire from the starter
> motor, dependent on a ground through the thermal time switch (that's
> why it won't fire on a warm engine, necessitating swap with the CPR
> electrical connection when the accumulator fails).
>
> Bill Robertson

So if I have a "hot-start" problem ( won't start if it is sitting in
the sun for a couple of hourse and it is over 85) and the accumulater
is relatively new (six years old), then you're saying the thermal-time
switch could be flaky? What would the other symptoms be if the switch
was flaking on me?

-Kevin
#4687 (whose "hot start" problem used to be restricted to only 95+
days but has moved down this year)