[DML] Re: Oxygen Sensor

If you have to, it is not that big a deal to remove the half shaft
(axle) to improve access. That is not the real problem. The real
problem is the O2 sensor can be difficult to remove having been
attached for a long time and being part of the exhaust system with
it's temperature extremes and all of the temperature cycling it is
subjected to. To make it easier to remove I use an acetalyne torch and
heat up the nut it is screwed into before attempting to remove it. You
can also cut the wire off and try using a regular socket or a box
wrench. When replacing I use Never-Seize on the threads, just be
careful to put it ONLY on the threads, not the probe.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757