RE: [DML] my 2 cents on the door strut debate

RE: [DML] my 2 cents on the door strut debate

Group,
I have stayed out of the debate for the struts on purpose waiting on the
dust to settle. But since it's winding down I will throw in my 2 cents.
Being in sales all my life and working with Rep's and factories, I went back
to Stabilus about 2 years ago and worked with their exclusive distributor in
the US to bring back the original door struts. There were other strut
manufactures around the US at that time that make similar products, but I
would rather have and I believe the De Lorean world would rather have the
original. Another popular strut manufacture at that time had RB in their
part number but I don't remember their name. I also didn't want to go to
Turkey or Japan as others did to have a cheaper strut built so I stuck with
the original. Yes, We pay a more for the Stabilus, but we also have the
number one quality German manufacture in the world overseeing the
manufacture of them.
I also agree with Rob on all the conditions that can change the lift of the
strut, but you won't find another manufacture that will be more consistence
in quality. Temperature and preload will be the deciding factors in your
lift.
So, if you purchase the Stabilus strut as I sell, you should be able to
change them out, adjust at the correct temperature and be consistence in the
years to come. I am working on a Damper strut also.
If you have any questions please call or email.
John Hervey
 http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/Stabilus-catalog.jpg