[DML] Barris DeLorean Auction

Kermit wrote: "The car's description refers to it having functional
strobe lighting on
the bottom of the car....I'm presuming this to be the effect used at the
end of the first movie>"

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but for some reason, people
have a need to believe that somehow, Barris did build a car for the BTTF
films, despite the filmmakers absolute statements to the contrary.

I've met George Barris.  He has been known to allow others to 'Presume'
in order to prolong his early success into the autumn of his life.

The lucky winner of this 'special' DeLorean will also get disco rope
lights wired up all over, and functional bicycle reflectors screwed onto
the body, on either side of the genuine aluminum dryer hose.
'Presumably' all added for the Part IV underwater scenes.:)

The Barris DeLoreans are far from representational of his skills as a
customizer.  They are surprisingly amateurish, which creates a mystery
for his fans, and a source of unkind jokes for BTTF fans.
To further the confusion, 'misrepresentation' from either Barris or
reporters seems to run rampant in regards to these particular cars.

To reiterate: George Barris had NOTHING to do with the Back To The
Future movies.

Oliver
10694