[DML] Re: Cracked Windshield

Hi Hank.

Sorry to hear about your windshield.

Do you park on a hill, or sloped surface?  It's been pointed out to me,
I've noticed as well, that when I park on such surfaces, the car warps
a little bit under its own weight.

When I replaced my windshield, I used 3/8" bead, instead of the (I
think) stock 5/16" bead, just to get a little more cushion.  Can't
vouch for the results.  It hasn't broken, so that doesn't say much.  I
also taped the top edge of the glass to keep it from contacting the top
trim piece.

Your underbody could just plain be warped.  I've never heard of this in
the windshield context, but it should be possible.  It's happened to
people in the door area.  Placing a windshield on the unbeaded flange
and looking for uneven gaps would expose this defect, if it exists.
Another thing to look for is whether the trim pieces are trapping
tension on the glass.  If they have to be forced into position, even if
with only minimal force, to line up the holes, that would be the case.

Rick Gendreau