[DML] Re: Cooling fan fell off the motor shaft

[DML] Re: Cooling fan fell off the motor shaft

You really do have to pull the radiator out to get the shroud with the
fan motors out. It is a little easier if you pull the sway bar out but
not that much so I don't recomend it. When you do get the radiator out
you will notice it will be green by the end tanks with some staining
and corrosion. I do not recomend reusing a 24 year old radiator in
that condition. The end tanks are plastic and they get brittle with
age and heat. The crimps holding them onto the core also loosen up and
leak. The neck on the left with the dummy cap splits. Your best bet if
you are taking all this apart is to replace the radiator with a brass,
3 row and put new brushes into the fan motors. Of course you should
also replace all the hoses and coolant. Be gentle with the condensor
core, you do not have to disconnect the hoses to it, but you will have
to replace the broken studs (the ones you WILL break taking everything
apart).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757