[DML] Door Strut Posts

It has become apparent that there is a significant difference between
the door struts that the vendors offer. It seems to me that no one
seems to have a clear preference on the trunk or engine cover
struts.  I find it surprising that there is such a vast difference on
the door struts but the others are seemingly similar.

That being said, it seems like PJ Grady's offering seems to have a
significantly higher amount of reports of the same symptoms that I
have experienced.  Specifically, they do not seem to open the doors
all of the way.

Since new, mine were weak and needed to be assisted but now they
won't even go up half way.  I recognize that three years is a
lifetime and even though I probably opened them less than 75 times on
the driver side and 20 times on the passenger side they have reached
their intended life span.

Given the confirmation of my findings it would appear that PJ Grady's
version would be best suited for someone with a tweaked torsion bar
or someone who wants the ultimate security of not damaging the door.
In my case, I now understand that there are differences and that it
might make sense to try a different vendor.

PJ Grady offers wonderful parts, service and advice to the community
and this situation with the door struts is certainly no reflection on
his organization.  It might be a good idea for him to look into his
offering and see if he could either change the spec or find a better
vendor.

Thanks to all that posted as it really did help me decide and also
confirm my thoughts on my struts.

Scot
6452