RE: [DML] Re: VB Radio Harness.

Ok Rich, let me clarify.
I have been using the harness since December, 2003 when I installed my radio
into the car.
After hours and hours of use it has been fine.
Let us not forget that I do not make this harness, nor did I invent it.
It has been sold by this or that person for many years.
The reason I started selling them is because I wanted one for my own car
and the previous source of who was selling them had dried up and they stated
they would not be selling them any longer.
So when I stumbled across them I bought as many as I could.
I have been selling them ever since.
So if you want to count the other people who have sold these and used them
I suppose you could say that this harness has been in use for 20+ years.

I will give you an update in another 10 years, because apparently that is
how long
it takes to become an "official" DeLorean owner.
We must also assume that until you have owned a DeLorean for at least 10
years
that all previous knowledge is null and void.
Only direct DeLorean owning time counts towards any credit for knowing
anything.

That is pretty much some of you guys' attitude it seems.
I will forever be the "new guy".
I mean, you act like any activity BEFORE the DeLorean is just pre-school.
I got some news for you guys, the DeLorean is not that special.
it's just a car.
A regular ol' car with some funny doors on it.
Not too unlike a lot of my other previous cars that I have worked on before.
Same 12 volt system, same wires, same stuff.

As the broadcast engineer of a network with over 70 television affiliates
(up until April 2000) I managed the entire facility, I hand built the studio
and automated airplay master control, and I custom design and build mobil
production television trucks - (from 2000 to present).
I have have made 5 so far, and am working on another now.
I have a line of power supplies that I developed and are distributed
worldwide.
These jobs require a working knowledge of cables and wires.
I regularly stripped, crimped and soldered wires together.
My point?
My point is that long before I bought this car and decided to use a harness
for the
radio instead of cutting the wires I had done a lot of electronics work.
I also used to run a TV/VCR Repair shop, so I am familiar with electronics.
I don't appreciate being treated like I am some in-experienced IDIOT because
I have only had my car "less than two years".
It's still a car, it still runs on 12 volts, it's no different that any
other car.
I know when and where it is safe to use a connector, and this simple wire
harness
connector will handle the power of any everyday radio and a lot more.
It's no big deal, and I don't know why it is being made into one.

Rich, you have done some cool stuff with your cars, I commend you for that.
However, just because I haven't been on Discovery channel doesn't make me
any less deserving of respect.
Just because my life achievements have not been all about DeLoreans
does not mean that I have no knowledge of something like a wire harness.
My last mobil production van that I custom built for Aldelphia Sports
Network
has been submitted for an Emmy for engineering.
I must know how to do something, right?

I am a member of a lot of other forums, some for cars, some for motorcycles,
some for electronic engineering, etc... I do not have ANY problems on ANY of
these forums.
No fights, no arguments, no flames what-so-ever.
I am treated with respect and people send me praise - however there are a
few people
on this forum who have chosen to pick on me and some of you like to pile on.
Why me?
Why am I being the victim?
Because I am out going, out spoken and full of ideas.
I burst on the scene full of gusto and started introducing ideas, selling
those ideas
or finding solutions to problems.
This must have stepped on a few toes.
There are people who have no life other than to sit here and chitty chat on
the DML.
I am guilty of it myself from time to time - lucky for me I type pretty
fast!

I guess the only way to win these guys over is to buy 10 DeLoreans and chop
them up into exotic rolling art on TV. eh? ;P

On a serious note Rich, thank you for your comments
and I agree that there needs to be truth in advertising however I don't feel
I was deceptive. I do not feel I have ever been deceptive and I feel I have
done
good business with everyone who has bought from me.
There are those who may not like my sarcasm, but by business is not in
question.
I deliver my items as fast as I can, I never gouge shipping prices, and
items are always
as described. No one has asked for a refund.
You will find that I can take a lot of abuse when it comes to opinion on
personality.
However when someone attacks my business ethics my claws come out.
That is something I do not tolerate and what has been the source of my
arguments
in the past.
Maybe I am an asshole, I don't know for sure.
What I do know is that I do good business, and I will not waiver on that
opinion.

Thank you.
- Videobob
- VB

>From: "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [DML] Re: VB Radio Harness.
>Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:10:57 -0000
>
>VB and others,
>
>I think one of the things that sets people off about VB
>(including me) is when he uses terms like "I have been
>using on of these for years" when most of us know VB has
>owned a DeLorean for less than two years.  My problem
>with a statement like this is that I feel the statement
>is made to gain more credibility for his products when
>this clearly cannot be the case, unless VB has figured
>out how to make his DeLorean travel through time.
>
>This may be a small issue to some folks, but with other DML
>posts in the recent past involving "truth in advertising"
>and "deceptive pronotion of products", I feel the line has
>been crossed, whether it was intentional or not.
>
>Yes, I do not see eye to eye with VB on a few other things,
>but I have no problem with VB selling DeLorean/BTTF related
>items as long as they are not misrepresented to members of
>the DeLorean community.
>
>Later,
>Rich W.

[long quote trimmed by moderator]