[DML] Re: What parts should I carry with me?

[DML] Re: What parts should I carry with me?

Another really good item to carry is the table that converts RPM to
road speed. I keep it in the binnacle just in case the speedometer
should die. It takes up no room. Just make sure you have the correct
one. There are 2, one for the automatic and 1 for the 5-speed. As for
the hoses, I believe they should be changed every 20 years, no matter
what shape they are in! At the 20 year mark you are going to change
ALL the hoses, hose clamps, the water pump, all the seals and gaskets,
belts, idler pulley bearings, thermostat, otterstadt switch, and
possibly the radiator. These parts were not meant to last 10 years! If
you think it is expensive doing all this work, it is, but what will a
cooked engine cost, include the towing. And you will still have to do
all of this anyway. The cooling system is one of the weaker links on a
Delorean so it should be given special attention. The electrical
system is a close second.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757