From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Joseph Kuchan
Subject: RE: [DML] What parts should I carry with me?

Here's a few ideas:

The phone number of your local towing company.( Your own your own on this
one.)

The DeLorean parts cross reference.
( Sorry, I don't give out the cross reference, But I do give out my phone #
12/7 ,,972-564-9321.)

Phone numbers of the vendors and/or other owners you know who are
knowledgeable about the car. ( See above )

A small flashlight. Latex or nitrile gloves. A big sheet of
 plastic to lay on or to put on the passenger seat to carry a flat tire on.
( These you can pick up local but if you don't want to buy a box of 110,
then put it in the comment box on your next order and I will give you a
couple.)

One thing for sure: some copper washers for the fuel system! John Hervey has
a nice set. If you ever have to crack open the fuel system on the road you
risk dropping one of those suckers down into the valley of death. Then
you're stuck. Since they are copper you couldn't even retrieve them with a
magnet. ( I Keep in stock)

Another thing you want is a jumper for your rpm relay.
( I also give these away also and you can also use it on the otterstat to
force the fans to come on.)

A set of metric combination wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, etc.
( I have a set of 22 or 25 for $20.00 bucks, They are SAE and Metric. )

A DECENT jack that will actuall lift the car, not the toy that comes with it
and the very short handle that does not give you any leverage.
( Can't help you here.)

A cheapy volt/ohmmeter.( I have Digital for $9.95, everyone else is $20.00
up.)

A wiring diagram, and a diagram of the fuel system and other major systems.
(I have a laminated for $9.95)

Pictures you've taken of the car any time you've had it apart so that you
can see how it goes back together aagin.

Some cable ties. ( Have plenty of these for 0.02ea )

A tube of waterless hand cleaner and some shop towels.( you can do this )

There's probably a bunch of other stuff too, but there will be a lot of
people chiming in on this one I'm sure and you'll soon have a very complete
list.

All the above can be found on my web site generally under Accessories or
other places.

(I would also add a reducer for the water pump hoses. I have one that will
adapt
1 1/2" to 1 1/4. This is a life saver.)

John Hervey