[DML] Alternative skirack

My mother has a pair of ski's from Volant. They are stainless steel
ski's so I have been trying for two years now to convince her to give
them to me so I could place them on my DeLorean.
Unfortunately she thinks they are great ski's and will probably be
using them for the next few years.
Because I wanted to sand off the print of the ski's, I searched the
internet for a used pair. About two months ago I found a nice pair
for not too much money. I began sanding them and after a while the
print was of. Now I have a great pair of stainless steel ski's but no
ski rack.
Thanks to Stian Birkeland and Ray Petragallo I got some pictures and
description about the skirack so I could think of making one myself.
I wanted to have an original but last week one started at $125 on
ebay and I think it sold for $350. Because it was just for fun I
found that a bit expensive.
So I made one myself. I bought two pipes that they use to bolt to a
roofrack and made them to size so they wouldn't stick out of the
luggagerack. I drilled two wholes in each of them on the same
location as where the original rack would fit and bolted them on.
Then I bought a pair of skiholders that fitted on the pipes and I had
a place to fix my skis!
I put some pictures in the Files section because I got an error in
the Photo's section. In the Files section there is a folder
called 'skirack alternative'.
Here you can see pictures of the rack which I made yesterday on our
annual meeting of the Dutch DeLorean Club.
If you want a bigger picture with a higher resolution, send me an e-
mail off list and I will send them to you.

Mads de Bruin
Netherlands