that tight because the pump can pass larger micron particles and I'm not
using any more epoxy to attach the aluminum post.
  http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/fuel-filter-screens.jpg

#2. Then with the permission of Dave Bauerle I have had the Hot Air Dam that
goes behind the radiator fans rebuilt and water jet cut to cut down on the
heat from the fans heating up the fuel even more.
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/cooling-fans.html

#3. Then, since our pumps are immersed in fuel and are self priming, I feel
the lower the fuel is the more it has to work to prime. Fuel like water
seeks it's level and the more in the tank the less it has to self prime.

#4. The other consideration is Voltage. Normally any electric motor that
doesn't have it's design supply of voltage and current will make more noise
and draw more current. I compare this to a ceiling fans that is operated by
a resistive dimmer switch. As the voltage goes down to adjust the fan speed
the hummm's goes up.

So, In summing up, I feel there is a combination of things that contribute
to pump noise and I have addressed as many as I can with product. The rest
is up to us, in making sure we have the voltage and current the fuel pump
motor needs, and the pump is immersed as best we can in fuel.

John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com
The search goes on.