[DML] Re: front camber/suspension anomaly

[DML] Re: front camber/suspension anomaly

If the camber is as far off as you say then you have to condsider the
posablity of bad/worn/bent parts, bent frame or rusted frame. All of
this should be fairly obvious. I just had a car done and the castor
was off so we swapped washers on the upper control arm. There are 4 of
them, 2 on each side between the frame and the control arm. We moved
all 4 to one side and got it almost there. I finished it up with a
washer between the lower control arm and the sway bar. We needed 3
shims on the left trailing arm and 4 on the right. Now the car rides
great, even on the old NCT's. BTW the front toe is very sensitive, it
took a couple of tweaks to get it "on the numbers" and the steering
wheel centered. Before an alignment remember to check the tire
pressures and take all the junk and extra weight out of the car. The
"best" thing to do is to put sandbags in the car at the driver's
position to simulate the driver's weight while adjusting the car. Ride
height is important to setting up all the other adjustments. On most
cars (including Deloreans) as the height changes the other settings
change. They are not supposed to but they always do a little. There
are a lot of alignment tricks that can be done to better maintain
things, especially if you lower the car. This is why you really do
have to go to a shop where the technician is more than just a wrench
turner. A sharp technician can adjust the unadjustable. Don't forget
if you do change (lower) the ride height you should re-aim the
headlights. I don't know how the roads are in your area but I am
afraid to lower a car with the roads around here! Roads-We don't NEED
ROADS! (well, I still do, even with the turbo conversion!)
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757