Re: [DML] Engine Options (North American Renault PRV's)

Re: [DML] Engine Options (North American Renault PRV's)

I don't think Renault PRV's made it over here until after Chrysler
purchased AMC (Renault majority ownership). Alliances and the like
were all 4 cylinder. AMC Eagles and Jeeps used AMC's inline 6 (which
Chrysler continued to use until 2004). First North American Renault
PRV's should be 1988 Chrysler Eagles, which essentially makes them B280's.

I should have stated that Euro spec *VOLVO's* are 9.5:1.

Am guessing Renault's 7.6:1 compression ratio is for some super or
turbo charged application.

And you are correct that piston height determines PRV compression
ratio, unlike traditional North American practice of head shape and
height (connecting rods notwithstanding). That was an education for me.

Euro spec PRV's were calibrated richer long before Lambda (1979). My
Volvo literature shows 1976 E Series (first year for the familiar
manifold & fuel/air unit) at 2% CO, versus 1% F Series (except
California, which is .7%).

BTW: Have I ever mentioned that the sky is blue...

Bill Robertson