[DML] Engine Options.

WOW!!  I was considering that engine too..  Kennedy
has a kit to bolt it up to a Porsche.

You can also find a VQ40 in the 2005 Xtera.  More HP
and Torque, looks like they took a VQ35 and increased
the stroke.

The only advantage the Nissan has over the Chrysler is
that it has been used with STD transmission which
*SHOULD* make it possible to use the stock ECU to run
the engine...  Eliminating the need to buy an
expensive after market ECU.

If the Nissan engine had the performance numbers in
2000 that they have now, I probably would have used
this engine to begin with.  The lateral configuration
in the 350Z/G35/Xtera is also new..  In the Maxima, it
has always been transverse.

The other lesson learned in the past 4 years is that
it is probably better to spend the money on the
Porsche trans, instead of trying to re-used the
Renault (DMC) trans.  The conversion kits for the
Porsche are tested and known to work.  One less
variable.

http://mail.yahoo.com